Did you know that 25-35% of residential heating and cooling energy use is due to heat gain and loss through windows? Energy-efficient windows are important for both new and existing homes to reduce energy loss and save money on energy bills.
If your windows are in good condition, you can take steps to improve their efficiency, like checking the windows for air leaks, adding window treatments or coverings, or adding awnings and overhangs. If your windows aren’t in great condition, it might be time to consider replacing them.
Window World of Little Rock’s new replacement windows provides substantial energy efficiency and savings for your home. We have saved money and energy for homeowners throughout the nation with our ENERGYSTAR® Qualified SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package.
What Makes the SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package So Effective?
Since 80% of windows are made of glass, a substantial amount of heating and cooling savings come from improved glass performance.
- Our combination of UV-filtering Low-E Glass, insulating argon gas, and Warm-Edge spacer system creates significant energy efficiency.
- Together they can cut damaging UV energy, which can lead to faded carpets, curtains, and furniture.
- The center of glass U-Value of SolarZone Insulating Glass is 50% better than standard insulating glass.
- In summer, up to a 58% reduction in solar heat gain helps cut air conditioning costs.
- The result: SolarZone Insulated Glass Packages can help you save on energy and cooling costs while keeping your home more comfortable.
How does Low-E Glass work?
- Low-E glass filters long-wave radiation from the sun. This reduces solar heat gain from the sun in the summer, keeping your home cooler. Low-E glass takes on a new duty in the winter months. It lets warm solar rays into your home while blocking the heat in your home from getting out.
- Low-E glass keeps your home cooler in the summer
- Low-E glass keeps the heat from getting out in the winter
How does the Warm-Edge Spacer System work?
- Its one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design creates an effective thermal barrier to help reduce conducted heat loss.
- Its sealed one-piece design makes it stronger and better at retaining insulating gas than many conventional designs.
How do Warm-Edge Spacers add to room comfort?
- They keep the edges of the window glass warmer, so your home feels more comfortable in winter.
- The temperature difference between the edge of an insulating glass unit with an ordinary spacer and one with a Warm-Edge spacer system can be dramatic.
How do Warm-Edge Spacers Help Windows Last Longer?
- Insulated glass units expand and contract with temperature changes.
- In conventional insulated glass units, the sealant holding the unit together takes the stress of this flexing and can cause seal failure and insulating gas loss.
- In our unit, the spacer flexes instead of the sealant, so it resists spacer movement and premature sealant failure.
Window World is not only America’s largest window replacement company but America’s most experienced replacement window company. You’ll see it in every product we sell – in the quality design, the beauty, and the skilled craftsmanship. Window World vinyl replacement windows are designed to last you a lifetime and will fit nearly any application, price point, and imagination. And to ensure quality, our products undergo ongoing rigorous testing by numerous third-party organizations to verify they meet the highest standards of performance, quality, value, and safety. Give Window World of Little Rock a call today at 501-214-0039 to schedule a free estimate!